|Ski Chalet||Grand Massif|
CHALET IN FRENCH ALPS
TO RENT AND FOR SALE €250,000
Unlike most ski areas, the Grand Massif region is busier in the summer than in winter. It boasts a large amount of outdoor activities - particularly well suited to families with children. During July and August, in the valley, there is a programme of events running every day ranging from concerts on the lake to pottery lessons.
Our favourite activities are:
- Paragliding: in summertime the skis will be full of paragliders... you can jump off the mountain directly across the valley from the chalet!
- White water rafting: you can do this from anywhere in the valley - there are loads of WWR companies... and the kids love it!
- Walking/hiking: particularly spectacular at the resort of Sixt (about 10 mins form the chalet) but there are loads of walks directly from the chalet to the mountains and lakes behind it.
- Indiana Park: this is like an assault course through the trees for adults and kids - there is a small one in Morillon and a large one by the lake in Samoens... the kids play on this for hours.
- La Luge: A cross between sledging and the Luge - great fun this is suitable for kids and adults alike. Located in Morzine (about 25 mins from the chalet).
- Mountain biking: there are trails all over the valley.
- Samoens & Morillon lakes: both provide lots of activities including: tennis, horse riding, fishing, quad biking, archery, golf driving range, trampolines and an outdoor swimming pool.